Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kindle for PC

I got an e-mail about Kindle for PC.  I have the Kindle app on my iPhone and so I thought they would be taking advantage of the PC platform and doing something to really extend the range of the Kindle.

Fail.

I don't know why they even bothered.  It's just lame.  Basically 1/2 as much as a PDF reader.

It shows you a display just like on the Kindle resized to the PC screen size.  You get a NEXT, BACK and Table of Contents button AND THAT'S IT!  You don't even get the dictionary or Text To Speech functionality in the real Kindle.  It's adds nothing to the kindle experience except a low-fidelity clone of the actual device.

While it's true this was released before the iPad, but good grief -- didn't you consider: a two page view, touch support, dictionary support or (gasp!) a find feature.

A complete let down. 0.5 of 5 stars (it did not crash).

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment